Reviews for an author provide social proof that your book is effectively engaging with your audience. Many authors struggle to get just a smattering of reviews and when you look through Amazon some of the numbers are tepid at best.
While there are many ways to obtain reviews, most of them require direct and active efforts on an authors part to search for and acquire. What I am going to show you is one passive way that you can find qualified reviewers. Yep how about a daily email notification that will give you the contact information for bloggers who are actively reviewing books in your genre? Sounds good huh? Lets me show you how to get them.
How to create an alert?
- Go to the Google alert web page here.
- You must use an already existing Google account or create a new account
- Enter your search terms
- Choose the sources of results (i.e. blogs vs news)
- Select the language you want the alert in
- Select the region who want the alert to come from
- Select how man (I always choose “only the best results”)
- Select the email address to send the alert too
- create the alert
You can create as many alerts as you would like.
So lets say you are looking for “Romance book reviewers” you would type that in and Google will look for results to send to you. Make sure you enter several terms. Play around with it until you are getting the results you want.
Google will send you the results. Go ahead and look the results over and when you do, you will inevitably receive some good hits from bloggers and such that you can submit your novel to.
Do not forget to track whom you are sending requests to, and keep that information handy as you write future books!
Please enter my raffle copter giveaway and or subscribe to my email.